Are Your Leaders Leading And Employees Engaged?
The High-Performance Leadership Program can help you develop the talent it takes to succeed: from the front line to the executive suite. Our tailored programs identify and build critical skills in your team as well as develop new attributes.
Our objective in these programs is for every participant to understand the foundational principles of leadership and practice them. It does not matter if you lead a staff of two, a department of many, or an entire company, the principles are still the same and can be learned.
The High-Performance Program
By attending this program, you will learn a model that reduces the vast complexity of your organization to the seven key elements that account for its success. These seven elements enable you to diagnose the current functioning of your organization and to know where and how to make improvements.
DURING THE PROGRAM YOU WILL:
- Learn a model for understanding your organization.
- Do a comprehensive assessment of the current performance of your organization.
- Benchmark your organization in relation to others within your community/industry.
- Develop a shared understanding of your greatest strengths and weaknesses.
- Target and prioritize the top opportunities for change.
- Develop detailed improvement plans.
From the program you will:
- Learn the meaning of one of the seven elements of an organization’s performance.
- Divide into small groups to assess your organization’s performance on these elements.
- Get back together and share your findings with the larger group.
- Summarize and identify key learning and opportunities.
LAYING THE FOUNDATION FOR TOMORROW’S SUCCESS WHILE COMPETING TO WIN TODAY
Most organizations face stiff challenges in today’s marketplace. Changing demographics, new technologies, aggressive competition, and sophisticated consumers demand that organizations change the way they do business or face extinction.
Too many organizations respond to these challenges by trying to do what they have done in the past. Those that thrive welcome change and renew themselves by aligning with current and future realities.
CORE STRATEGIC DECISIONS
Strategy is defined as the way an organization meets the challenges and opportunities presented by its environment. It consists of a set of conscious choices about how it will deliver value to its customers and distinguish itself from its competitors.
YOU AND THE MEMBERS OF YOUR ORGANIZATION WILL:
- Understand the challenges and opportunities present in your external environment.
- Identify assumptions about the future.
- Clarify a reason for being that motivates and inspires.
- Identify the principles by which people will conduct themselves.
- Define your future customers and how you will deliver value to them.
- Identify core organizational competencies needed to succeed in the long run.
- Create a long-term business focus and anchors that distinguish you from your competitors.
- Set short-term performance goals.
- Establish performance initiatives and a master plan to manage your organization’s long-term development.
Formulating a clear and compelling strategy is among the most important work that leaders of an organization can accomplish. It is not something that would be nice to do when they have more time, but is essential to their survival.
HOW TO ACHIEVE OUTSTANDING RESULTS IN YOUR BUSINESS
It is becoming more and more difficult for organizations to survive in today’s world: 40% of all new businesses fail by the end of the first year; only 12% survive five years, and 2 to 3% survive 10 years.
Unfortunately, most of the responses to the challenges faced by companies today are ineffective. They attack symptoms while leaving intact the root causes of organizational ineffectiveness.
Now, by attending this program, you can learn principles and methodologies that will enable you to achieve outstanding and sustainable results within your organization.
A FEW PRINCIPLES OF HIGH PERFORMANCE:
- The strategy and direction of the organization are clear and guide day-to-day actions and decision-making.
- Members of the organization understand the business and are committed to getting results.
- People govern themselves by shared values and guiding principles rather than rigid policies.
- People are organized, when possible, into self-managing teams.
- Processes are streamlined and systems aligned to support the strategy and philosophy of the business.
- The role of management changes from controlling workers to creating an environment in which people can be most effective.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
As a business owner or manager, you face two challenges:
- Meeting your short-term business and financial goals;
- Building an organization that will sustain your company for the long-run.
The purpose of this program is to accomplish objective #1. You and other members of your organization will attend four modules, each one tailored to your schedule and needs.
The program will teach you how to design your organization to:
- Take control of your future.
- Achieve outstanding results.
- Gain total commitment from your employees.
- Exceed your customers’ expectations.
BRINGING OUT THE BEST IN YOU, SO YOU CAN BRING OUT THE BEST IN OTHERS
Leadership is a rich and meaningful word. It stirs up a sense of idealism, excitement, hope and courage. It is a word that inspires us to be our best, a word that we associate with those who have made the greatest difference in our lives. In short, leadership is a significant part of the answer to whatever challenges our organizations may face.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
“High-Performance Leadership: From Control to Empowerment” will teach you how to be an outstanding leader within your organization. The principles and practices you learn in this program are based upon observation and research from the foremost authorities in the field of leadership.
From the program you will:
- Understand the five practices of the world’s greatest leaders.
- Create a clear and compelling vision of the future.
- Find an appropriate balance between the five major leadership roles (technician, manager, trailblazer, architect, and coach).
- Become a leader who empowers others and brings out their best.
- Learn how to organize and manage your priorities so that big things control little things.
- Recognize leadership qualities in yourself.
CREATE AN ORGANIZATION IN WHICH PEOPLE’S HEARTS ARE IN THEIR WORK
Few would argue that people are an organization’s most valuable asset. Do you want better quality, faster response time, higher productivity, greater sensitivity to customers, improved profitability? People make these happen.
Unfortunately, many people are motivated by compliance. Their hearts are not in their work. They get by, do the minimum required, and watch the clock. The organization reaps mediocrity.
Other people are motivated by commitment. They care about the work they do, know that they are valued by their organization and can make a significant contribution to its success. The organization reaps vitality and excellence.
High-Performance teams are more than a group of people working together to accomplish a common task. They share a common vision and purpose that inspires their performance. They feel accountable for their work. They solve problems and make decisions and act like full partners in the business.
When you attend this program you will learn, from foremost experts in the field, how to create a team environment that results in outstanding performance.
What You Will Do:
- Gain an understanding of how teams differ from traditional work groups.
- Create a team charter that includes a clear statement of the team’s purpose, operating guidelines, performance objectives, and an ideal team vision.
- Learn good meeting management skills, critique your meeting effectiveness and develop action plans to improve your meetings.
- Identify your team’s customer requirements and how these guide team performance.
- Analyze and streamline the core work of the team.
- Clarify team member roles and responsibilities and ensure greater accountability. Setup systems for measuring your performance, setting goals and tracking progress.
Create a Positive Atmosphere in Which People Work Together Collaboratively
“A new science is about to be born—the new marketing—in which we learn that the brand of an organization is not its external reputation or advertising, but the relationships it nurtures and enjoys inside.” -Lance Secretan, Inspire! What Great Leaders Do
People in organizations are highly interdependent. Most of what we accomplish is through working with others.
The new workplace—with its virtual teams, diversity, multiple generations, web of technological and organizational complexity, complicated structures, and rapidly changing internal and external environments—requires the ability of people to communicate and collaborate as never before.
Skills for High Performance Teamwork was created to help people achieve new levels of collaboration, communication and teamwork.
Discover the Benefits of Collaboration
The program will give team members the communication, discussion, and decision-making skills they need to build and maintain a positive social environment. Only in a positive social atmosphere can people work at their full capability and achieve synergy with others.
Participants Will Learn:
- The basics of perception, listening, and two-way interpersonal communication.
- How to give and receive constructive feedback.
- To look below the surface and understand and improve how a group really operates.
- To conduct discussions and make effective decisions.
- A model and skills for defining and solving social and technical problems.
- To handle conflicts openly and honestly, while seeking win/win solutions.
- How to improve their personal productivity and use of time.
Skills for High Performance Teamwork consists of eight modules that can be taught individually or together. Each module contains several exercises and structured experiences to make the training come alive and ensure back- home application.
The modules are for anyone who wants to improve their communication and collaboration skills. We often recommend that team members attend together to support each other in practicing the skills in their day-to-day interactions.
- Teams throughout the organization
- All employees
- Eight three-hour modules over time
ACHIEVE PERSONAL MASTERY AS YOU TRANSCEND CHALLENGES AND LEARN SECRETS OF SOARING TO NEW HEIGHTS.
Mastery: “ascendancy or victory in struggle or competition.” Masters are the victors of life, those who step up to the challenges and opportunities of life with the courage, determination, and wisdom to win the private and public victories.
Mastery does not happen by accident. It is a process that occurs as we interact effectively with the events and circumstances of our lives. Each moment of our lives provides an opportunity to practice mastery by expanding our visions, awakening the faculties of our minds and our hearts, and assuming full responsibility for living, growing, and contributing.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
People who attend this program will learn a set of principles that will change the way they view their lives as well as their performance on the job. They will grow in self-understanding, confidence, personal effectiveness, and their ability to handle the challenges/opportunities of the workplace. Such personal transformation forms the foundation for organizational transformation.
DRAMATICALLY INCREASE YOUR EFFECTIVENESS WITH OTHERS AS YOU LEARN THE PRINCIPLES AND SKILLS OF TRUST AND INTERPERSONAL DIALOGUE.
When trust is absent, relationships are characterized by an adversarial attitude: me vs. you; us vs. them. Rather than goodwill, there are deep and hidden animosities. Respect is lost and our performance is compromised as our energies go into manipulation and protection rather than working together towards a shared vision.
We believe that the most successful organizations of the 21st century will be those that know how to create a climate of trust and goodwill among their employees.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
In this program, you will learn how to interact with others in ways that build trust and win-win outcomes.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Learn the core elements of trust.
- Identify how we engage in collusive, weakening patterns of relating to others.
- Experience a change of heart and know how to break out of collusive patterns.
- Come to view others in a way that promotes unity, trust, and goodwill.
- Understand the three phases of interpersonal dialogue and practice the dialogue skills.
- Commit to interacting with others in strengthening rather than weakening ways.
- Develop the ability to confront poor performance and behavior problems.